Introductory Program – Ages 8 to 12
Dynamo is proud to provide Canada’s largest and most successful youth Fencing programs. These programs are the foundation upon which we have built our success in competitions throughout the World.
The purpose of these introductory programs are to provide a fun and positive environment in which they will be given the opportunity to challenge themselves and absorb the invaluable life skills of: discipline, focus, passion and dedication. Our objective is to enrich your child’s physical and mental development through an array of engaging training techniques that provide the building blocks for both Fencing and life.
These programs are well known for being entertaining, engaging, and fun experiences for young Fencers from all backgrounds and of all ages. We take immense pride in the program’s Ninety Percent (90%) retention rate.
There are a number of Dynamo athletes who have started from the ground up in our Youth Development program and have gone on to use Fencing as a vehicle for exceptional Post-Secondary education. The following athletes are shining examples. They have all graduated from our Youth Programs and continued on to successful National team careers and Post Secondary scholarship programs at some of North America’s most prestigious institutions:
- Shaul Gordon – UPenn – National Champion, NCAA Championships Medalist, World Cup Winner
- Dylan French – Notre Dame – National, North and Pan American Individual Champion, World Championships Bronze Medalist, Flag Bearer 2014 Canadian Youth Olympic Team
- Emma von Dadelszen – Ohio State – National and Pan American Individual Champion, Silver Medalist US National Championships
- Qifan Wang – Cal Tech – Pan American Individual Champion, Canadian National Team 2011 to 2014
- Sonya Romashina – McGill – National and Pan American Champion, National Team 2012 to 2015
- Sam Kaardal – McGill – National Championships Medalist, Pan American Individual Finalist, Pan Am National Team 2014
Call us today to schedule your first trial lesson for FREE. Space is limited!
The following group class schedule will take place between September 2018 to June 2019:
|5:05 – 5:55 PM||5:05 – 5:55 PM||5:05 – 5:55 PM||5:05 – 5:55 PM||
10:05 – 10:55 PM
For a detailed class schedule (September 2018 to June 2019) click here
Benefits of the Program
- Physical Benefits: Coordination, Agility, Balance, Flexibility, Strength, Cardiovascular Endurance
- Mental Benefits: Focus, Hand-eye coordination, Problem solving, Discipline, Decision making skills, Patience, Dedication
- Builds Self Confidence and Respect
- Sportsmanship is key in fencing. Dynamo takes pride in all of our members striving to be role models for the community.